Kasa Cam App for Baby Monitoring - Background Audio

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-04-30 22:07:05

Hello,

Is there a way to have the Kasa Cam app run in the background of the phone (Android and iOS) so it can be used as a baby monitor "all the time"?

I know it can send alerts but on some specific baby monitor apps, you can have the audio play in the background and still use the phone as normal. if this is not available and can be added, it would be great.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Kasa Cam App for Baby Monitoring - Background Audio
2019-04-30 22:32:56

@Kevlo911 

If you were to go back to your home screen after looking at the live screen the audio would stop. Unfortuantely, we do not have a feature that would keep the audio going.

Another issue stemming from that is that the live view will show for 10 minutes, then prompt  you if you want to keep viewing the video.

Options
Re:Re:Kasa Cam App for Baby Monitoring - Background Audio
2019-08-10 21:03:14

Is there any way to override the 10-minute prompt? I too am trying to use it as an "always on" baby monitor for the few hours between baby going to bed and when I myself go to bed.

Options
Re:Re:Kasa Cam App for Baby Monitoring - Background Audio
2020-01-30 20:22:11

@Sheepworrier agreed, I found this out the hard way. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 3

Views: 2913

Replies: 3