HS105 Manual says assure Remote Control enabled but iOS app has nothing

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-05-22 20:06:48 - last edited 2019-05-22 20:07:52
Model: HS105  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.5.4

HS105 installed today and working. But tomorrow I'm leaving for a remote location. The HS105 User's Manual says:

"Kasa’s Settings allows you to set your global preferences such as: • Remote Control to control your Smart Home devices outside of your home. You need to sign in to your Kasa account first to turn on this function."

But in the Kasa iOS app, also installed today, there is no Remote Control in Settings. There are only Location and Time, Firmware Update, Widget Settings, Email Preferences, and Privacy. I have also looked everywhere else in the app; I found no "Remote Control."

I am logged in. My email address appears at the top of the three-horizontal-lines main menu. If I touch My Account there is a "Sign out from Kasa" button.

I bought this to use remotely. Will it work remotely?

Options
1 Reply
Re:HS105 Manual says assure Remote Control enabled but iOS app has nothing
2019-05-22 21:39:28

@brec 

With recent updates, you will not see the remote control menu. A good way to test if remote control is working is to disable the Wi-Fi on your smart device. Once you are on your 4G cellular network, open Kasa and see if you can control the plug. If so, then everything is working normally.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 866

Replies: 1