Which TP-Link models support bandwidth control on the guest network?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-06-09 05:32:57

Hey everybody,

I have an older TP-Link N750 (TL-WDR4300), with the old green and white control panel firmware. This router supports a user-specified ingress and egress bandwidth limit for both the primary and guest networks. This is exactly what I need - I have an AirBnB and want to evenly split my 60x6 pipe between my network and the guest, so we all have sufficient bandwidth at all times. This config works on my current router, except that ever since I enabled this, the router craps out every 24 hours or so (network will just disappear, bandwidth drops to ~2Mbps, etc). This thing hasn't gotten firmware for years, so I assume it's time to upgrade.

So, I'm trying to ascertain which current gen routers have this feature. I've already purchased and returned an A6 and an A7, neither of which had this feature, and the QoS wasn't sophisticated enough to do anything beyond prioritizing the MACs of my known devices. 

Can anybody tell me which current models will do what I need?

Thanks!!

Options
1 Reply
Re:Which TP-Link models support bandwidth control on the guest network?
2019-06-11 19:27:06

@over8gb 

The Archer C50 seems to be what you are looking for. Here is a link to the emulator so you can see its QoS which is similar to what the WDR4300 was: https://emulator.tp-link.com/C50V5(US)Emulator/Emulator/index.htm

One thing to note is that the Archer C50's WAN port supports up to 100 Mbps. If your internet speed is 60 Mbps, then you should be fine.

Options