Tether App no longer allowing remote connection to router.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-06-18 19:11:51
Model: Archer C2300  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

When I first set up my router I was able to connect remotely to my router (cloud device)and I used it regularly, but recently (not sure exactly when) I can no longer connect remotely. The app tells me it is off line, when I know that it is online because I call home and I can verify that it is up and running. I have tried to sign out and sign back in with no results. I can connect with the App when I am on the routers' network, but not remotely. Thoughts?

Options
5 Reply
Re:Tether App no longer allowing remote connection to router.
2019-06-19 00:16:37

@XrayEyes 

Log into the router on your web browser, and go to Basic > TP-Link Cloud. Make sure what ever TP-Link ID you use is still enabled and bound. If it looks normal, unbind, then rebind the router again. 

Options
Re:Re:Tether App no longer allowing remote connection to router.
2019-06-20 15:56:38

Thank you, I will try it!

Options
2020-06-09 19:30:41
And what if this does not work (it didn't for me)?
Options
2020-06-09 19:44:22

muleboy wrote

And what if this does not work (it didn't for me)?

You need to make sure the date and time on your router is set correctly . That was my problem , hope that helps . @muleboy 

Options
2021-10-03 05:19:48 - last edited 2021-10-03 05:21:16

@XrayEyes my archer a9 says it's on,one but won't connect it acts like it but just keps going back to my device after  i click on it or it shut the app down completely 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2805

Replies: 5

Related Articles