Votes

Request Chat Technicians who care enough not to close the chat in the middle of support!

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Votes

Request Chat Technicians who care enough not to close the chat in the middle of support!

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-08-02 00:27:34

I just had a support chat technician close the chat while I was applying the trouble shooting steps they had provided. The problem had not yet been resolved and I was left in the middle of everything! You can see by the time stamps in the chat that I was responsive and clearly communicated what I was doing to maintain an active dialogue so, there is no excuse for this! It's not like I walked away and left the chat open. you can see in the image I included that I even said "BRB" to indicate that it may take me a minute to log back in (The app had timed out while waiting for the chat to begin). 

This is just appalling behavior and completely inexcusable!

Options
3 Reply
Re:Request Chat Technicians who care enough not to close the chat in the middle of support!
2019-08-02 00:55:47

@fidof650 

Based on our records our agent did not drop the chat.  The record shows you left the chat.  I covered your name but if you would like i can send the screen shot to you privately.  We would love to help you though.  You can either work with us or for immediate assistance contact support through chat again or phones. 

Options
Re:Re:Request Chat Technicians who care enough not to close the chat in the middle of support!
2019-08-02 01:24:43

It's curious that your screenshot does not show time stamps next to the chat dialogue but, it does next to my supposed disconnect. In fact, your screenshot showes a completely different format with no timestamps in the chat sequence and a different font face in the last two messages which as you can see never even hit my screen. You can seen in the image that I was still connected to the internet and working in a different window at the time so, the likleyhood that I disconnected accidentally is preposterous.

I do understand your desire to pass the buck and paint me as incompetent. After all, my feedback must have been hard to swallow. You might find that refocusing on the problem and finding a solution that prevents other client's from have the same experience I did to be a more construtive use of your energy. 

I resolved the issue on my own... no thanks to tp-link chat support.

Options
Re:Re:Re:Request Chat Technicians who care enough not to close the chat in the middle of support!
2019-08-02 15:51:47

@fidof650 

We are not trying to "pass the buck"  as you say. I was mearly showing you what our system shows to let you know our agent did not do what you thought they did. Often admin consoles have different formats then those that a customer interacts with.  There are timestamps but i have to hover over the chat bubble to see them making it an endevour to capture on a snipping tool screen capture.  I am glad that you were able to resolve your issue none the less.  Should you need asistance in the future we are always happy to help our cusotmers. 

Best Regards 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 808

Replies: 3

Voters 0

No one has voted for it yet.