KD100 Doorbell Cancelled, now what?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-08-04 05:42:32

So the KD100 smart doorbell is cancelled, so now what do we Kasa owners have to look forward to for a doorbell camera solution? I've been building my smart home around Kasa and hearing that news just sucked because it was promised at CES and now is quietly shucked away. What's up?

Options
4 Reply
Re:KD100 Doorbell Cancelled, now what?
2019-08-08 02:21:56
After cancellation is officially confirmed in a email on Reddit, you'd assume TP-Link Kasa would contact All of their customers on the waiting list as to this status. Many have spent large sums on Kasa products to now be treated like so much of nothing. Assume that many of your loyal customers will wait no more. We have choices. Apparently you could care less.
Options
Re:Re:KD100 Doorbell Cancelled, now what?
2019-08-08 02:30:14

Exactly. We're figuring these things out through unofficial channels and have no proper communication with TPlink. Very disappointing. 

Options
Re:KD100 Doorbell Cancelled, now what?
2019-08-09 18:07:02

Dang, really? I've become pretty invested in the doorbell. That's frustrating the doorbell was canceled. Is the wirefree camera still in progress?

What did y'all settle on for a doorbell option?

Options
Re:Re:KD100 Doorbell Cancelled, now what?
2019-08-10 13:54:25 - last edited 2019-08-10 13:55:58

My neighbors like the Nest Hello, it's slim enough to fit in our door frames unlike the Ring Pro Video Doorbell, and it also just works (possible our builder for these recently built homes didn't provide enough juice for the power hungry Ring)

The Hello image quality is fine but could be better. I was really interested in the Kasa 2K resolution. The Hello is also data hungry since it always records (and in old school H.264) so it would have been cool if the Kasa could use H.265

I know the new Eufy Doorbell is 2K and uses H.265, it has mixed reviews though. If Google (or Amazon) release a 2019 doorbell, I would be open to those.

Arlo will also release their Video Doorbell later this year. 1080p only, but it does look slim and sleek. A lot of doorbells advertise 1080p, but don't really look 1080p, so if the Arlo looks like Netflix 1080p, that's fine enough for me

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 5436

Replies: 4

Related Articles