KC200 Kasa Cam Outdoor Live View on Echo Show is not 24/7

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-08-08 00:26:12
Model: KC200  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I have the Kasa Cam Outdoor and want to stream 24/7 with my Echo Show and Google Home Hub.

When I ask Alexa to Show the Front Door Camera it does work, but it only lasts for a few minutes and then it returns to the Home Display.

It does the same on my Google Home Hub.

Is there any way to fix this behavior?

Options
3 Reply
Re:KC200 Kasa Cam Outdoor Live View on Echo Show is not 24/7
2019-08-08 16:57:05

@N7AS 

The smart cameras will only stream for 10 minutes before prompting to continue the stream again. That would be why the video will show then it will stop.

Currently there is no way to continously stream either in the Kasa app or using any other means.

Options
Re:Re:KC200 Kasa Cam Outdoor Live View on Echo Show is not 24/7
2019-08-08 19:54:53

That sucks. The ONLY reason I purchased this camera was for streaming 24/7 as per the reviews on Amazon. 

I think the basic problem is with the ECHO and the Google Home Hub.

However, I am able to stream 24/7 on my cell phone with the Kasa App. I hardly use my cell phone, so this gives it something useful to do.

Options
Re:Re:KC200 Kasa Cam Outdoor Live View on Echo Show is not 24/7
2020-07-20 23:55:08

@N7AS Yes this ten minute time out needs changed badly.  Reviews and adverts claim these can be viewed live but never mention limitations.  TP-Link has a very narrow minded view of usage for the Kasa Cams as clip viewing cloud cameras only.  Using them for any type of surveillence is impossible with 10 minute time outs.  Including voice casting with Alexa and Google Assistant which is the only way they support these services.  

Have you ever heard of a company making a product that could have wide appeal of usages to their customers but only allowing it used 1 way?

What if you bought a laptop but all Microsoft let you do with it was look up email?  Oh and only clips of email or it will turn off in 10 minutes. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2004

Replies: 3

Related Articles