Tell me this is a nightmare.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-08-09 10:40:32
Model: HS103  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Please tell me this has been a dream.  A year ago I bought a TP Link Product.  THe serial number was not in the system and it took hours to get someone to register me.  AFter several days of trying to communicate with Technical supportl, I gave up.

Well, Deja Vu.  Today, I tried to register.  Though I registered before, I was not listed.  After about 8 attempts to register my product, I had an unhelpful conversation with the AI device before I spoke to a person.  After an hour on the phone, I had been accused of being a thief, told it could take several days to register my prosduct, and was giving non working links.

I provided photos of the product, the box, the serial number, confirmation of orders and receipts.  I think she was holding out for thew dna of the delivery person.

I wanted the manual, by the way.  Two and a half hours registering again multiple times tonight, and all I have is a non-working link.   I'm actually further behind from when I started.  And I suspect once again, the instructions will be incomplete/wrong and I will spend another week of my life on the phone.

If I didn't go througn this before, I would be wondering if it a new policy was in plaxe to punish American customers for the tariffs.  We are not to blame.    I kept waiting for someone to jump out with a camera saying it was all a joke and I was on TV..  Or maybe someow I ended up on a fake web site staffed by TPLink's competition.

After all this time, I still don't have the manual and they seem to need to undergo an investigation (will they call Interpol?), as to why serial numbers aren't in their database.  It certainly seemed that this was my fault.

Am I missing some sort of cultural reference?  I didn't tap my chopsticks, type in red, give someone a clock wrapped in white, did I?  I will wake up tomorrow and click my heels three times......a company can't survive treating customers this way.

Options
6 Reply
Re:Tell me this is a nightmare.
2019-08-09 15:33:36 - last edited 2019-08-09 15:45:15

@In_TP_Link_Hell 

Hi Rick,

I looked at the entire chat record to your very last comment.

The agent did add your serial number so you should be able to register your device.

The two links that you were given in chat do in fact work, I tested them myself as the agent mentioned they did too.

Manual: https://static.tp-link.com/2018/201806/20180615/1910012384_HS103%20HS103P2(US)_UG_V1.pdf

QIG: https://static.tp-link.com/2019/201902/20190202/7106508313_HS103%20HS103P2_QIG_V1.pdf

If a serial number is not in the database a picture of the label and a proof of purchase will be requested. It is not meant to make you feel like a thief, but to verify the product you have.

Options
Re:Re:Tell me this is a nightmare.
2019-08-09 16:09:08
1) Why is it both products I purchased did not have their sn in the system?> 2) After multiple documents and photos she was still asking for more. 3) It tookl one hour online and at the end of that it still had not been entered. I received an email five hours later that the sn was entered. Stonecarvers can add a number faster. 4) Somehow my name was deleted from the system. This is 2019. There is no reason I could not enter a serial number to have it checked later. If you are producing product and cannot keep records of the serial number, and it takes five hours to register a product, it is an indicator of somethjing severly wrong--espeically from a tech companmy.
Options
2019-08-09 16:14:04
I just re-read this. I already made 7 attempts to register tje product. Are you saying that all that has been done was to add the serial number into the system so I have go back again to register? My philosophy of customer service is to reduce thje hoops a customer needs to jump thjrough,. and when there is a problem, don't create additionmal work for the cuistomer. Or is the new approachj, ":We made a mistake....so we will make you do additional wok."
Options
2019-08-09 16:22:31 - last edited 2019-08-09 16:28:44

@In_TP_Link_Hell 

It is a kit hence the X in the serial number, Do not register the serial number that has A or B.

Again use the serial number that you gave the agent that has X which is printed on the box.

With the warranty portal, if you registered an account, you must verify the email for the account to be active.

Options
2019-08-09 16:47:23
I forgot. I was supposed to attend the three hour customer training sesskon to learnm all the peculiarities of your registration system. But I think you missed my point.... after all of this you have all the information needed and could have registered this for me rather than make me go back and register due to the failings of your system, failure to load tjhe sn/s in your system, and failure to train the personm who took up myu tiome. This must be backwards day. Is there anything else I can do to make your life easier? If you don't care about customer service, how many staff hours have now been spent on what should have taken me 1 minute without any staff assistance?
Options
2019-08-09 17:50:41

@In_TP_Link_Hell 

Plugs look to be registered now.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1029

Replies: 6