Archer C8 Not Found by Tether App

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-08-18 14:16:51
Model: Archer C8  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: V4

I have recently installed the Android TP-Link Tether app and it doesn't recognize all of my routers. I have a AC2300 as a main router and 2 WDS bridged units (C7, C8). The Tether app does not seem to find the C8 and I don't understand why. It is set up as a bridge/extender connected to the 5GHZ band with just the bare mininum of changes made to the stock configuration in order to extend the signal through the house. Any suggestions or advice on something I may have missed?

Thank you,

Options
1 Reply
Re:Archer C8 Not Found by Tether App
2019-08-22 21:47:43

@Offender 

Here is what was found with respect to WDS and Tether.

Network topology

Archer C2300 <-----> C7 (WDS)

<----> C8 (WDS)

1. When the phone is connected to the C2300s network, the Tether app would detect the C2300 and C7 only.

2. When the phone is connected to the C7, the Tether app would detect the C2300 and C7 only.

3. When the phone is connected to the C8, the Tether app would detect the C2300, C7, and C8

Only when the phone is connected to the C8 would everything be shown. It is likely caused by the detection method for the Tether app as the Archer C8 is different the the new detedtion methods used on the Archer C2300 and C7. This also applies to newer models as well.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1213

Replies: 1