The world's worst live chat

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-09-09 22:36:34
Model: KC200  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1

What is the point of having live chat that limits input to 200 characters? Even Twitter allows more. And it's virtually impossible to accurately describe a problem when the restrictions are so severe.

If you can reduce this situation to 200 characters, let me know:

I have 9 days left on the free trial of my 4 KasaCam cameras, and I can't rely on any of them... no matter how I configure their activity zones or sensitivity. I can watch people walk by, directly in front of a camera, yet no recording is made. Yet, for two hours every day, the camera will record every two-dimensional shadow of every moving tree branch (and without a bulk delete function, it takes forever to remove those recordings). I have set activity zones for the areas in which people walk (and to exclude things I don't care about like passing cars), but the cameras record anything anywhere... while ignoring what passes through the zones. I've tried every combination and permutation of Activity Zones, sensitivity, and duration of action. Nothing helps.

Options
4 Reply
Re:The world's worst live chat
2019-09-10 19:50:51

@iSpy 

There is a 500 character limitation per message. You can do multiple messages. Aside from the chat, there is also phone support, and email: https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/contact-technical-support/#Hotline-Support

The motion detection is by pixel change rather then the object so a shadow or person would not matter. 

Please provide a screenshot of the settings you have for your cameras, mainly the privacy and sensativity settings.

Options
2019-09-10 20:20:56

@Tony Check again. When I entered text into the form and tried to submit it, the error message stated a 200 character limit. 

Options
2019-09-10 22:33:56

@Tony I did wind up on the phone, did my best to interact with the CSR (strong accents are a problem for me), and did submit screenshots and video. Yet your explanation about pixel changes? It doesn't hold up.

Before trying the Kasa Cams, I used Arlo Pro for several years. Never once did I get recordings of leaf shadows, as I do with Kasa. I did get recordings of actual branches moving in the wind, but not just the shadows.

Is their technology visually "smarter" than yours? I don't know. But I do know that the number of pointless recordings was a fraction of Kasa's, and Arlo, at least, permits viewing the recordings sequentially, selecting multiple recordings, and deleting them all at once. Every Kasa recording has to be viewed and deleted individually. The wasted time to do that is substantial... and annoying.

Options
2019-09-10 22:39:25

@iSpy 

Great to hear you reached out to support, they will be able to refer to senior engineers who will be able to assist you.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1003

Replies: 4

Related Articles