KASA NOT STAYING ONLINE on I PHONE when we leave home.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-09-16 15:57:39
Model: KC200  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

WE Cannot keep the Kasa APP online when we leave the home.  I go to my Smart Home App when away from home and check signal strength and it is great.  i am sure the camera's are indeed working, JUST NOT ON MY I PHONE....help anyone.

i have logged out, deleted app so many times.....but when we leave the home.....they are OFFLINE on i phone.

Options
4 Reply
Re:KASA NOT STAYING ONLINE on I PHONE when we leave home.
2019-09-16 19:17:43

@nita 

If the cameras are showing offline only when you leave the house that could be related to the remote control feature or what gives you the ability to control the camera remotely.

Go into the cameras settings again and see if there is a menu item for "Remote Control". Try to enable it if it is there.

If possible, look at the LED lights on the camera and note what is the color of the light. Is it blinking green or solid green?

Options
2020-10-08 08:19:06

@Tony 

I have had my Kasa KC from January. Up untill Saturday it's been running fine.  I have 3 X KC200 cams and 2 X KC100.

All have been working fine. However one KC200 is showing offline just a few hours after a hard reset.  Its becoming frustrating that it's going offline in see an hour after reset. It has not moved location and WiFi remain the same.  

All the latest software on mobile app and camera.  Nothing has changed but now this camera is determined to stay offline shortly after reset.  First it was around 12 hours. Now it's under 3 hours then it shows offline on app. The camera green light remains on. 

Options
2020-10-08 20:49:55

@DannyB28 

I would check the clients connected to your router to see if it shows the camera is connected. Have you tried connecting to the Wi-Fi then accessing the camera? If the camera does not work locally I would reach out to your local support team. Since all other devices function fine that camera may be showing signs of failing.

The solid green indicates it is still synced with the cloud so that seems really odd.

Options
2022-02-21 15:47:48 - last edited 2022-02-21 15:48:20

@DannyB28

Hi.

Did you find a solution for this? I have the same problem.

I am using my cameraes, as im often working away, and it is really frustrating to set up the camera (for the 100th time), leave my house and then the camera goes offline :-/

Options

Information

Helpful: 4

Views: 4951

Replies: 4