Votes

Timing setting relative to local sunrise and sunset

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Votes

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-10-01 01:20:28

Hi, 

I would like to request that you add an on/off timing feature relative to local sunrise and sunset.  

As in, turn on porch lights 15 minutes before sunset and turn them off 30 minutes after sunrise.  

This could be useful for smart plugs, smart outlets and smart bulbs.  Perhaps other applications, I don't know, but I spend most of my time these days with your Kasa app resetting on/off times to adapt to the seasonal sunrises and sunsets.  There's no good reason that a geolocated app couldn't make those adjustments for me as long as I set the basic parameters.

Thanks for your help with this!

IrishAlum

Options
3 Reply
Re:Timing setting relative to local sunrise and sunset
2019-10-01 23:26:06

@IrishAlum 

I got confirmation that the time offset is being worked on. There is a update due for this month for Kasa so it might get it then. If not, expect to see it soon in the later updates.

Options
2019-10-22 20:55:55
Yay!! Kasa app is kind of not usable without this feature for lighting. It's cool that my lights can be synced relative to sunset but no matter what time your sunset is, it's already pitch dark in the house at the actual point of sunset.
Options
2020-03-16 02:04:58
already an update i january 2020, issue was never resolve on new update... hope you gave the importance that it deserves,many people waiting for this
Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 1251

Replies: 3

Voters 1