Tp link bulbs

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Tp link bulbs

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Tp link bulbs
Tp link bulbs
2019-10-16 04:43:39

I have had my smart bulbs for at least a year with minimal problems but today all 3 bulbs stopped responding with alexa.  Why i have deleted the skill and re added it several time no luck i have reset my bulbs no luck put them back to factory still no luck 

Options
5 Reply
Re:Tp link bulbs
2019-10-16 16:57:47

@davecredmond 

It would be best to narrow down what is working. For example, bring up Kasa, are you able to control the bulbs? Are you able to control the bulbs when you are not on Wi-Fi (cell data). 

When you link Kasa to Alexa, does it discover your smart devices?

Options
2019-10-16 17:26:22

@Tony 

So I can control the lights using the kasa app for a minute then it says that they are not there go through all the steps to reinstall the lights they work . I have deleted the skill from Alexa reinstalled it found the bulbs it says they work and can be controlled by Alexa tell Alexa to turn them off she says they cannot be controlled by this device. Woke up this morning turn them on by my phone only one of them came back on the other one shows that's not there

Options
2019-10-16 17:55:30

@davecredmond 

If the bulbs are disappearing from the app, and not responding, I would check the signal strength as that might not be strong enough.

Tap on one of the bulbs, go to the settings on the top right, go to device info, tap on the network name, it should change to dBm. What do you have?

Options
2019-10-16 19:07:46

@Tony 

Cant do that when they wont stay hooked up. I know lastnight when I checked on said -34 the other 44 but then they both disappeared again. So once again flipped the switch 5 times and reset them also tried only flipping the switch 3 times 

Options
2019-10-17 00:10:46

@Tony 

So from Alexa what I'm getting is dining room lights will not support that when I tell her to shut the dining room lights off. I am taken all 3 back to factory and updated them they work on the app but not Alexa 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 936

Replies: 5

Related Articles