How Can I tell if Finished with Configuration?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-10-26 19:53:55 - last edited 2019-10-29 06:15:55

Helping troubleshoot my brother's TL-WA860RE.

Connected TL-WA860RE via WPS
TL-WA860RE signal icon light = green
TL-WA860RE ethernet light light = OFF
TL-WA860RE power light = green

He wants to know how he can use his Arris router webpage to tell if his TL-WA860RE is successfully connected. He seems confused as to what he does after the TL-WA860RE signal light goes green. He also wants to know if he should be connecting his Firestick to the familiar Arris SSID or to a TL-WA860RE SSID. Does he need to do additional TL-WA860RE router configuration? Thanks.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:How Can I tell if Finished with Configuration?-Solution
2019-10-28 19:00:40 - last edited 2019-10-29 16:12:07

@mel2000 

Based off of the LED lights the extender is connected. What you should see is a new network that has a simlar name of your main router with _EXT. Any devices that are physically closer to the extender should use that network. Where ever you put the extender, if the signal light ever turns red, then it need to be moved closer to the router.

As far as the router, there should be some DHCP client list that shows the connected devices. Use the MAC address of the extender to figure out which one it is. 

Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:How Can I tell if Finished with Configuration?-Solution
2019-10-28 19:00:40 - last edited 2019-10-29 16:12:07

@mel2000 

Based off of the LED lights the extender is connected. What you should see is a new network that has a simlar name of your main router with _EXT. Any devices that are physically closer to the extender should use that network. Where ever you put the extender, if the signal light ever turns red, then it need to be moved closer to the router.

As far as the router, there should be some DHCP client list that shows the connected devices. Use the MAC address of the extender to figure out which one it is. 

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:How Can I tell if Finished with Configuration?
2019-10-29 06:21:05
Thank you for your reply Tony. That's just the kind of info I needed. I'll be sure to check for the new extender SSID, and I'll be sure to check my Arris router to see if the TP-Link extender is listed as a connected device.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 824

Replies: 2

Related Articles