Tether makes internet shut down

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-10-28 13:27:57
Model: Archer A20  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I set up the tether app but each time I do that, it shuts down my internet connection. My wifi works but I lose internet connection. How do I resolve this?

Options
3 Reply
Re:Tether makes internet shut down
2019-10-28 22:41:24

@kamac0102 

What indications are you getting that the internet is shutting down?

Options
2019-10-28 22:52:13

@Tony Everything except my phone has no connection...doesn’t work. When I go into network settings in tv, game console and even on pc the WiFi shows connected but not the internet connection. The only way I’ve been able to get it back is to log out of tether and reset my router back to factory settings. 

Options
2019-10-29 17:10:04

@kamac0102 

So the router will work fine, and right when you start the Tether app, connect to your router the internet drops?

What information do you have in the status page of your router as far as the WAN or Internet IP address. Does it show all 0's or is there a number there? What does it begin with?

What is the color of the internet LED light on the router?

What is the model of your modem? and what is the status of those LED lights when the issue happens?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1049

Replies: 3