A20 and Tether, can not connect off WiFi

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

A20 and Tether, can not connect off WiFi

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
12 Reply
Re:A20 and Tether, can not connect off WiFi
2019-12-05 19:29:07

@Carl,

I did check on the phone at that time. Problem  is I guess on the phone I made the assumption since I could connect on Wifi than I must have the correct credentials and signed in? The main screen doesn't tell me that I am not, nor did the screen where it couldn't sign-in. Maybe if they put the 'account' icon on main screen or a sign-in if you are not would have made it apparent?

Since I had reinstalled the f/w and had other f/w on the A20 I just assumed the problem was on the A20 as after the reinstall REMOTE ACCESS was off. I enabled it and still couldn't connect so suspected the A20... I was wrong, sorry.

Options
Re:A20 and Tether, can not connect off WiFi
2019-12-05 19:37:10

@IrvSp 

No applogies needed.  It is confusing just looking at the settings screen to see if you are connected or not. If you are not connected it will just say TP-Link ID but if you are singed in it will say your name and email address.  This is good that this came up because it not shows us an area that we can improve the customer experiance on.  So while it sucks that this happened at least we can say thank you for pointing out a place for us to improve on. 

Options
Related Articles