Laptops constantly need reconnected to wi-fi

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-12-03 06:18:40
Model: RE450  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.04 Build 20171220 Rel.73615

I am constanly reconnecting to network mainly on my laptops (probably because I use them most). The location assistant tells me the range extenders are where they should be. The blue lights stay on. Once and a while the circle blinks red. This is very frustrating and I would like to trouble shoot this. As a matter of fact as i am typing this, I see I have lost my Wi-Fi connection again. I have 3 RE450 range extenders through out the house and my house is probably average size at best. I have a Netgear C7100V Gateway and Xfinity for internet. This has been going on for months now and it is getting pretty irritating. I would appreciate some assistance in eliminating the problem,

Options
4 Reply
Re:Laptops constantly need reconnected to wi-fi
2019-12-04 21:44:01

@duckwack 

The problem is the circle LED going red. That tells you the wireless signal the extender is getting from the router is not adequete. You need to move the extender closer to the router until the LED circle never goes red.

Options
2019-12-04 22:21:42

@Tony Thanks for your response,  my only question is if I move the three extenders all closer to the router, why do I need the ectenders. When I check their locations it says they are in food spots.

Options
2019-12-04 23:14:02

@duckwack 

With wireless signals they are not consistant so what may seem good at first will change or fluctuate. The main aim is to make sure the LED do not turn red so you can move the extender slightly closer or move it gradually until you find the right spot.

Options
2019-12-05 02:45:22

@Tony Thank you Tony, I really appreciate your response. I will move the extenders and see what happens.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 683

Replies: 4