No connection to internet

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-12-07 04:07:48
Model: RE580D  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: Ver 1.1

I set up my range extender by connecting it to my PC using an ethernet cable . My PC does not have a wi fi card. So far so good. I can connect to internet. However, when I set up SSID under wireless, I set a name other than the original name that my wi fi router broadcast. I know  that extender is broadcasting new name when I see available wi fi connections on  cell phone or tablet, but when I try to connect I get a no internet connection message. I set up extender with no restrictions. What can I do to solve this problem?, Another question, I read somewhere that extenders broadcast same SSID name as router's but with .EXT  if  you don't change SSID, is this always true?.Thank you so much for your time and help.

Options
6 Reply
Re:No connection to internet
2019-12-08 16:51:06

@FastRep I am not an expert, but in regard to the .EXT issue, when I extended my wifi network with an RE450, I did not get a new network with the .EXT extension.   I am running a network with an Apple Time Capsule as the wifi server and had previously used an Apple airport as a wifi extender.    I did not get the .EXT with that configuration either.

Options
2019-12-10 00:02:24

@FastRep I forgot to mention that I have I also have an TL-WA801ND set as repeater and it works very well either with  ethernet cable  or  wi fi. The one that's giving me problems is  the  AC 1900 model RE580 D.

Options
2019-12-11 19:24:21

@FastRep 

Since you do have a smart phone, download our free Tether app, and use that to set up the extender. Before doing the setup, factory default the RE580D by holding the reset for 15 seconds while it is on.

Here is a link on how to do that: https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/faq/1373/

During the setup you will be able to name what you want the extended Wi-Fi network to be named as.

Options
2019-12-11 23:36:25

@Tony I did it,and as I said in my previous post, no internet via wi fi, only with ethernet cable. Both 2.4 and 5 blue indicators are lit. 

Options
2019-12-11 23:41:37

@Tony With a WA 801 ND configured as repeater I have both wi fi and ethernet connection. The problem is with this particular range extender which "is suppossed" to work better. I wasted time and money.

Options
2019-12-12 00:17:25

@FastRep 

If both lights are lit and you still get no internet it would be best to contact support in that case.

Live Chat: link
Phone: link
E-mail: link

Options