Votes

Archer A7 AC1750 act as One-Mesh client CPE device

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Votes

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-12-07 19:28:53
Model: AC50  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version:

1st, why does model selection only have a narrow subset of products offered.  This is in regards to the Archer A7 AC1750 Router and no option for that in the Model selection was avialable.

Any chance a firmware update will allow the Archer A7 AC1750 router to be able to act as a client CPE in the one-mesh network?  I resell these routers to customers and a lot of times I get people asking if they can use something like this to provide ethernet connections in other rooms.  Hence the above question.  I know there are ways to do this but it would be cleaner if it could be done using the same piece of equipment.  Thanks.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Archer A7 AC1750 act as One-Mesh client CPE device
2019-12-11 19:52:53

@battlerock 

You need to type out the model and you will see the A7 for example put "Archer A", and you will see the A7.

If you would like the A7 to act like a extender you will need to utilize the WDS Bridging (https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/faq/1084/). Both routers would not be using OneMesh.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 700

Replies: 1

Voters 0

No one has voted for it yet.