Votes

Ability to export device list from TP-Link router interface

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Votes

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-01-01 18:55:46
Model: Archer C5400X  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.0 Build 20180904 rel.41828(5553)

I would be nice if the TP-Link router interface app would allow you to export the Device List (Wired and Wireless Clients) to a .CSV file.  It should include:

• Model Number
  • Firmware version
  • Device name (default)
  • Device name (assigned)
  • Serial number
  • MAC address
  • IP address

Also, it would be nice if the application showed the device signal strength, connection type, etc. My AT&T U-Verser Smart Home Manager showed this until I moved the devices from the U-Verse router to the TP-Link router. 

Options
6 Reply
Re:Ability to export device list from TP-Link router interface
2020-01-06 23:00:04

@MS_in_Kansas 

Thank you for the feature suggestion. 

Given the rise of smart devices, knowing that information would be helpful.

I will be sure to foward this to our developers for consideration. 

Options
2020-01-07 03:23:11
You rock Tony! I hope you have a great day!
Options
2020-07-09 03:31:47

@Tony I just set up my first tp-link router and was looking for a way to capture the client list. 

I found two locations, one under the dhcp server section has a list, but no export and not able to highlight to copy. The other is the advanced tab for status, where it shows the wired/wireless devices separately. However, if there are more than 3-4 I have to scroll. Also cannot highlight to copy, and no export function I could see.

It is now 1/2 year later from your post, any updates on this? I'm running the latest code 20200212 on the ax6000. This seems like a no-brainer to offer such a feature, so I'm kinda curious what the dev folks have mentioned to you. Many thanks

Options
2020-07-09 17:14:23

@Jefar 

Any and every feature request is forwarded, but there is no guarantee it would happen.

Even if a feature seems like it would be easy to implement does not make the probably higher.

If you would like to vouch for the originally purposed feature please do. 

Options
2020-07-10 00:29:24

@Tony 

Thanks for your reply. Can you explain what you meant by this: "If you would like to vouch for the originally purposed feature please do."

I think you mean that there is somewhere I can add my opinion that this would be a good feature to have. If that is correct, can you please explain how/where I would do that?

Thanks

Options
2021-02-27 03:51:06

@MS_in_Kansas 

I agree the ability to export client list would be very beneficial. I did discover a workaround, it is limited in that it only provides client name, mac address, assigned IP and lease time.

Even if you don’t provide a way to export the list, at least make it easier to copy and paste.

In the DHCP client list you can click and hold on the first character of the client name and highlight everything down from there and paste into a spreadsheet. Had to use down arrow on keyboard to get it to scroll to the bottom of the list.

List is like a table except the first row and first column will not let you highlight and copy, but starting in cell B2 you can. (row 1 is table headings and column A is ID) 

Anyway I would rather not do that every time I want an updated list. My current list has 44 devices, extender, computers, tablets, phones, Google speakers, wyze cameras, plugs and bulbs!

Routers have to work a lot harder nowadays!

Thanks,

Lucian

TP-Link AX3000 | Archer AX50

Options

Information

Helpful: 3

Views: 2854

Replies: 6

Voters 2