can't find 5ghz wifi on RE450 network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-01-04 16:14:04
Model: RE450  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi all,

I've searched google, re-booted and I can't seem to logon to 192.168.0.1. I can't logon to the 5ghz wifi.I can't login to tplinkwifi.net.

I CAN loging the tether app. I have used firefox, chrome and cleared the cache for both. 

Any ideas here? I'm kinda at my wits' end.

Thanks,

Options
1 Reply
Re:can't find 5ghz wifi on RE450 network
2020-01-07 20:24:38

@brutha_analog 

If you are not able to see the 5GHz, make sure the device you are using is capable of seeing 5Ghz. With the Tether app, go to the wireless settings and look at the extended 5Ghz name, it may be the same as your main wireless network so there is no different one. If so, add -ext at the end so it is different from your main Wi-Fi.

If that does not help, factory default the extender by holding the reset pinhole for 15 seconds while it is plugged into the wall. Once the extender power LED is solid look for the 2.4GHz and 5GHz Wi-Fi networks. If you only see the 2.4GHz there may be an issue with the 5GHz radio on the device.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1994

Replies: 1

Related Articles