TL-PA9020P not responsive and unable to be reset

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-01-05 00:08:52
Model: TL-PA9020P KIT  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: ??

Does customer support exist for TP LInk?  Chat doesnt work and phone gets put on hold indefinitely.  Registering my products doesnt work either as the tool claims my serial numbers are not valid.

Anyway - I have 4 TL-PA9020P and one is failing to connect to the other 3.  It worked for a few months but now is unable to be seen by the TP Link utility and no longer will sync with the other units.  What can be done to RMA these things?

Options
2 Reply
Re:TL-PA9020P not responsive and unable to be reset
2020-01-07 22:06:46

@Obie 

Support exists, and must be contacted to do troubleshooting. If the device is found to be bad, the agent will begin the RMA procedure. They will also be able to assist with regsitering the device. It sounds like the serial number is not in the database.

Live Chat: link
Phone: link
E-mail: link

Options
Re:TL-PA9020P not responsive and unable to be reset
2020-01-07 22:29:57

@Tony 

Support failed to respond on several attempts.  I called several times but got dropped twice and was on hold 3 other times for 20+ minutes.  I got through to once but he evidentially had his headset on mute because he could not hear me.  Amazon support even tried to get someone on the line.  Also chat support would not work at all - on multiple browsers on 2 separate machines. So TP links claim of 24/7 support is hogwash.

The registration system refused to take the serial numbers of 6 different devices.

In the end Amazon issued an out of band replacement.  They were even amazed at TP links lack of response.

-Steve

Options