Powerline Extender NAT type change?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-01-07 19:06:17
Model: TL-PA7010 KIT  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

How do I change the router settings to allow a different NAT type for gaming. I have looked through all the troubleshooting guides and just cant seem to find how to change it. Thanks if anyone can help out please let me know.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Powerline Extender NAT type change?
2020-01-08 18:28:47

@wutz_hiz_nutz 

The NAT type is related to port forwarding or needing to do port forwarding. You would find out what ports need to be forwarded for which ever game you play, and create those rules in the router.

The model you listed was a powerline adapter which just relays the internet signal, it doesn't function as a router with a firewall.

Options
2020-06-23 11:39:15

@Tony I have the wa850re. When I use the connection of my normal router I get NAT-type 2. But if I use the connection of the repeater I get NAT-type 3. How can I change this?

Options
2020-06-24 16:53:41

@Floepie06 

The IP address the client device gets when connected to the extender is likely different when it is connected to the router. Our extenders will give the client device a different MAC address.

Go into the router and see what is the IP address it gets, then do port forwarding for that IP too.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 4612

Replies: 3