Adding RE305 v1 to Archer C7 v5 Onemesh

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-01-13 00:11:36
Model: RE305  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 20181026

Hi!

I purchased a C7 v5 as a temporary measure as I get settled into a new house. I had an old Ruckus AP that I had previously setup in my old place with fancy VLANs, IoT network, and the like. Long story short, I fell in love with the C7 and now I want to get the most out of it. 

I wanted to extend the range a bit as the C7 is in an awkward place. I did some research and saw that the RE305 had an Ethernet jack (for whatever I feel like doing with it in the future), and is slated to get a firmware update to Onemesh. I bought one and found it is hardware v1. The compatibility page mentions specifically RE305 v3 slated Onemesh compatibilty which I didn't notice when researching. I otherwise have it set up as an extender, but I work in IT and having Onemesh just out of reach frustrates me.

Should I expect to see the RE305 v1 get the Onemesh firmware in the future, or should I return it and get an RE300 which is most definitely Onemesh capable? Also, what's the timeline on these firmware updates?

Thanks!

Options
1 Reply
Re:Adding RE305 v1 to Archer C7 v5 Onemesh
2020-02-07 18:45:44
Did you ever receive any updates about this?
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1708

Replies: 1