Alexa loosing devices

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Alexa loosing devices

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Alexa loosing devices
Alexa loosing devices
2020-01-16 23:48:03
Model: HS100  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.25

So I have a bunch of tplink smart plugs hs100 as well as a few smart switches. They have all worked great until about 5 months ago. Now when I try to have Alexa turn on or off a device and this is random sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't I get a resonse the device isn't responding at this time. But... In Kass app they are ver responsive and work. This is happening NG consistenty with 2 plugs and 2 of the switches and getting extremely annoying that is ma starting to think about replacing them out. Nothings changed and have a superior router and system. Maybe I am running too many tplink devices? 

I've gone into Alexa app rwmived devices all k in nds of things to no avail

Thoughts? 

Options
1 Reply
Re:Alexa loosing devices
2020-01-17 16:44:16

@Livewiremaxx667 

Alexa relies on remote control of the devices to control them. If the issue happens, disalbe your phones Wi-Fi and test controlling them remotely if that works disable the Kasa skill in Alexa and re-enable it. 

If connection drops randomly it would be best do contact Amazon support to see if there may be logs or clues to find out where the disconnect may be coming from. You could also reach out to our smart home team here: kasa.smart@tp-link.com

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1262

Replies: 1