Archer AX50 - Smart Connect & Alexa Qestions

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Archer AX50 - Smart Connect & Alexa Qestions

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
12 Reply
Re:Archer AX50 - Smart Connect & Alexa Qestions
2020-06-04 20:36:56

@RaverCWB I just turned the feature off. I manually connected the ones I want on 5ghz to be there and 2.4ghz for the other like smart home devices. Just got to do it once as opposed to worrying about whether smart connect will route it to your preferred choice. To be fair I believe most brands implementations of it are similar and do things people don't expect so best to ignore it and manually handle. 

Options
Re:Archer AX50 - Smart Connect & Alexa Qestions
2020-09-22 09:48:07

@RaverCWB @Carl Hey, I have to join in. I own an AX20 router that I purchased last week. I tried running it with smart connect but it seems that its 2.4 biased still. Which I don't mind that much.

The biggest issue I found is that it disabled the AX(WiFi 6) feature on the 2.4 band. And the downside is that it kept all my WiFi 6 capable devices on 2.4 so no WiFi 6 for them.

It's very confusing how it works to me, just seems like there has not been enough attention to detail. Which is a shame. Since it's 9 months after the first post.

The way I resolved it is to turn off the smart connect feature and manually turn on what I need, BUT, to keep both 2.4 and 5ghz ssid same! So I guess then it falls onto my devices to choose the right band?

So now it works as expected, but with a kind of a weird setting. Is there an issue I can cause with this? Same name on two ssid. So far it works great. I just fear I might be missing something?

Thanks!

Options
Related Articles