Upload speeds not good with new Archer AX3000 and RE650

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-01-27 23:27:12
Model: RE650  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I bought the TPLINK Wifi 6 Archer AX3000  to go with my existing range extender re650 and the uploads for the re650 are getting stuck at around 20 mbps with two different devices in my house (maybe more). My connection is 150/150 and I was getting much higher upload speeds before with the Archer 2300 router. It was working before and now it's not. My download speeds are 140 with the re650 now though which is good. Can someone please tell me why the slower upload speeds with the newer device? I have the latest firmware update on both devices. 

Options
3 Reply
Re:Upload speeds not good with new Archer AX3000 and RE650
2020-01-28 17:00:13

@icyulkn 

Even though the extender does not have a "High Speed Mode" you can try to set it up as such to see if that helps with the speed. The drawback is one band is dedicated to connecting to the router and the other band is for the client devices.

Router <---------2.4GHz-------> RE650 (Extended 2.4GHz disabled)

|---------5GHz---------> Client devices

Router <---------5GHz-------> RE650 (Extended 5GHz disabled)

|---------2.4GHz---------> Client devices

So it involves connecting to the router with one band, and disabling that extended band while the other is for the client devices.

Here is a FAQ, the interface is older, but the same concept: https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/faq/943/

You should be able to do the same in Tether.

If you need to redo the setup, factory default the extender by holding the reset for 15 seconds.

Options
2020-01-29 14:15:39

@Tony I appreciate your help. Shouldn't it be working out of the box though without having to go through this? I had a similar problem with an Asus wifi adapter and they told me to change the channel and it worked. Could it be because of the channel the router is using? Right now it's on Auto and I don't know which channel to use. I believe the channel is 157 the Re650 is using.

Options
2020-01-29 22:19:19

@icyulkn 

The extender copies the channel from the router so you need to set the channel on the router to a specific value.

Another think you can try is to change the wireless mode to exclude the AX on both wireless bands in the wireless settings so the 5GHz will be a/n/ac.

You can also contact our support as well:

Live Chat: link
Phone: link
E-mail: link

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1297

Replies: 3