Away Mode active only when not home

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-02-03 00:34:16
Model: HS105  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I would like "away mode" to automatically turn on when I'm outside of my house and turn off when I'm home.  Is there a way to make this happen?  Can Kasa use your phone's GPS to tell when you're home and use this information for the above purpose?

Why? I use away mode to turn on my lights for security purposes when I'm not home. I don't need and don't want that feature when I'm home. It would be nice to avoid 1) having to use the Kasa app to disable away mode every time I'm home and 2) remembering to turn it back on when I leave.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Away Mode active only when not home
2020-02-03 21:42:27

@User69 

Currently for smart actions you are not able to have it based on GPS location. You can do that with Alexa for example in making a routine, also with IFTTT. However, the action you can call would be either to turn the switch on or off rathen then enabling the away mode.

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 1077

Replies: 1

Related Articles