RE200 Dropping Connections: After recent CenturyLink Router Firmware update

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-02-10 15:34:07
Model: RE200  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 3.14.2 Build 171205 Rel.57551n

My setup has been in place for 12+ months and working great.  RE200 and Centurylink CT100T router.  Recently, Centurylink updated the firmware on the router and since then I have had wirelss dropping issues from my RE200.  The most repeatable one is on my Roku TV using Netflix.  It connects, you get to watch about 5 minutes of a program and then it loses its wireless signal.  I updated all the firmware on my RE200 and the problem persists.

When this happens and I look at the RE200 log, I have DHCP messges of the WARNING level type.  DHCPS:Lease host name not found.  The RE200 will dump any connections it has and after about 5 minutes will reconnect with the Router and Wireless/Internet work again.  But running Netflix will create the issue again.

At a loss.

RE200 log attached.

File:
RE200_Syslog.txtDownload
Options
1 Reply
Re:RE200 Dropping Connections: After recent CenturyLink Router Firmware update
2020-02-12 19:54:06

@Mark06 

If the DHCP is finicky, you could look to assign a static IP address to the extender who it wont rely on the routers DHCP. Log into the router and look for the RE200's IP address, then use a web browser to log into the extender.

Set the IP address to be a number outside the DHCP IP pool range, subnet would be 255.255.255.0, and gateway would be the IP of the router:

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 760

Replies: 1