Powerline Adapter Stopped Working

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-02-12 02:59:43
Model: TL-PA7010 KIT  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I've been using the powerline adapters for several years with no problems or issues.  Suddenly, two days ago I am no longer able to get an internet connection.  The ethernet light is lit on the device connected to my router.  The device that is plugged into the wall near my computer does not have the ethernet light light up.  The other lights are lit.  I have switched devices and the same thing happens, so I don't believe that it is an issue with the units themselves.  Both units are plugged directly into the wall and I have paired them a couple of different times since this has happened.  I have even tried different outlets in my apartment.  It's always the same result.  The unit that is plugged directly to the router has the ethernet light lit up, but the one plugged into another outlet does not have the ethernet light lit up.  I have reset the router and it didn't help.  I am able to use the wifi, so I don't think it is an issue with the router.  

I even purchased a new pair (different brand) and I cannot get them to work either.  I have no idea why they stopped working.  I haven't changed any of my equipment.  Same router, same laptop, same ISP, etc.  

If someone can give some advice on what to do to get it working again, I would be grateful.  

Options
4 Reply
Re:Powerline Adapter Stopped Working
2020-02-12 22:12:52 - last edited 2020-11-06 16:56:51

@needplhelp 

The TL-PA7010 KIT is wired only so it does not provide a wireless signal. 

Is the second adapter wired to your computer? The LED light indicates nothing is wired to it, so if you don't connect an Ethernet cable from your computer to the adapter so two lights will be on.

Options
2020-02-12 23:31:21

@Tony 

Yes. The second adapter was connected to the laptop. I even switched the ethernet cords to make sure that wasn't the problem.

I know tplink doesn't support wireless internet. I was just saying it wasn't an iSP or router issue since I can access the internet that way 

Options
2020-11-02 09:46:56
I have exactly the same problem. Worked well, with the odd outage for 2 years. Now will not work. Bought a competitor's product - it just won't reach to my office anymore.
Options
2020-11-09 01:56:18 - last edited 2020-11-09 02:07:44

I have the same problem. Not sure what happened but today I cannot get an internet connection on the one that is not connected directly to my router. Everything else works fine. I can see both devices when I use the utility app but the 2nd device just doesn't get internet even when I swap them. Tried with 2 ports in the same room and that didn't help either. 

EDIT:
Well, I feel foolish. I had been struggling with it for a couple hours. It turned out the device that plugged into the other adapter had a loose ethernet cable. I pushed it in properly and it worked. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 3

Views: 9980

Replies: 4

Related Articles