Smart actions problems Kasa app

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-02-16 06:56:07

I’m using the Kasa app on my iPhone with several Kasa SmartPlug Lite switches and a Kasa Spot camera. 

My home WiFi is handled by a TP link archer A7 router. 

The Smart Plug Lite switches are reliably controlled by the Kasa app, and I can view the Kasa Spot camera through the app too. But what isn’t working well are the new Smart Actions in the Kasa app. 

I’ve set up three motion smart actions all triggered by when the camera detects motion, they’re all the same except for which Smart Plug they turn on (i would prefer to have one action turn on multiple switches, but it seems like each action can only control a single device). 

The problem is that only the first smart action ever gets triggered, so only one light turns on when I come home instead of three. 

What am I doing wrong? I did see in the help that I’m supposed to have an SR20 router for smart actions, but I have the archer A7 router instead. Do I need to replace my router? Or add another piece of hardware? But if the problem is that I’m missing a smart home hub then why is one of the smart actions still working?

Thanks,

Alex Benenson

Oregon USA

Options
2 Reply
Re:Smart actions problems Kasa app
2020-02-20 17:36:07

@Sashazur 

If you set the motion smart action so it will only reference one switch with other two actions empty does that work?

Options
Re:Smart actions problems Kasa app
2020-02-20 18:16:38

@Tony Sorry, I can't try this because I've already returned the camera, since I couldn't do what I wanted. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 955

Replies: 2

Related Articles