RE450 Not routing properly

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-02-22 17:12:24
Model: RE450  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.0.4 Build 20171220 Rel. 73615

I have a RE450 extender that I use to extend the wireless access of my Dlink DIR-859.   For the most part it works as expected, however at least once every couple days, we find that our cell phones and laptops cannot access the internet and have to unplug the RE450 to restore service.

Oddly enough when this occurs, the devices still connect to the RE450, but don't seem to have any network access at all.  Via the browser I cannot access the RE450 or the Dlink(wirelessly).  Using a wifi analyzer I can see both the primary wifi signals and the extended signals at both frequencies.  On a wired connection in the house all is fine and everything looks good on the router.

The RE450 has a static IP on our network.  

So it seems that the RE450 continues to take connection from clients, however it loses connectivity to the primary signals.

Firmware is up to date 

Options
3 Reply
Re:RE450 Not routing properly
2020-02-25 23:56:36

@robdek 

What are the LEDs showing in front of the extender?

Options
2020-03-01 15:24:43

@Tony 

This has been inconsistent as well.  Frequently all LEDs will be lit in the expected blue and yet not functioning, while sometimes all the LEDs will be off.  In both cases the signal is visible but no internet access.

Options
2020-03-02 18:03:02

@robdek 

Just for testing, have you tried putting the extender close to the router either in the same room or right outside to rule out distance being the issue?

Other then distance, you can try logging into the extender to see the firmware it is running to update if needed. 

Aside from that you may need to contact support to see what they can offer.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 731

Replies: 3