State select after power failure

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-03-01 19:43:04 - last edited 2022-04-30 12:35:22

I know this has been requested but an option to select the power state of a SMARTPLUG after powerfailure would be great. I use these plugs to control individual circuits in Solar Power Installations and this would be a great help.

Options
6 Reply
Re:State select after power failure
2020-03-03 18:50:51

@Defcon 

Thank you for the feature request. Even already requested features are further added to the overall demand to our devs.

Options
2020-08-29 05:10:26

I really want this for my KP200s!

Options
2021-02-10 02:59:42

Tony wrote

@Defcon 

Thank you for the feature request. Even already requested features are further added to the overall demand to our devs.

@Tony I recently changed all muy smart home devices from the ITEAD/Sonoff switches that I had to TP-LINK.  The TP-LINK devices enabled me to plan for replacing all devices with units that could be controlled by one smart-app (KASA).  The KASA app also allowed me to set up sunrise/sunset scenarios with an offset to improve ewase of management without worrying about daylight savings time.  I have the eero mesh setupo and I found that I could turn off the 5gHZ radio for 10 minutes at a time, to allow new switches to connect to the 2.4 radio and this made the entire process of switching over 17 devices much easier.  I also liked that the TP-LINK smart plugs were all a minimum of 12Amps, so some borderline projects were feasible, like 9 amp tools and pumps.  I also liked that I could take pictures and apply them to the switches.  I was extremely pleased after moving all my devices to TP-Link, and testing them.   Now, I went to share the devices with my spouse and sons.  That's where I got pissed off, excuse the french!

1.  If the power goes off, there is no way to set a power-recovery option for the switches or plugs.  You state that you have heard this a lot, how about you stop hearing it and TP-Link fix the issue.  Here is an example of what occurs.  I have a 200 gallon aquarium, with a hood light, a sum pump, and 100 watts of heater rods.  The hood lights come on and off at sunrise and sunset, with some offsets.  If there is a power failure, I want lights to return to their prior status.  That is if they were off, remain off, else if they were on, turn on.  The sump pump turns on and off according to a schedule to allow for filter replacement and cleaning or feeding.  If there is a power failure, I want the pumps to always turn on upon recovery.  The heater elements must have water circulating, else, they will boil the water in their vicinity, with very bad results for the fish, and my plexiglass sump tank.  However when power is recovered, the heaters must turn on with the pumps.  If there is more than a 4 degree change within a 24 hour period, I will loose livestock.  I really need to be able to set my devices to perform however, I deem logical for a power recovery.   Every device must have the ability to either remain off, turn on, or return to their previous state upon a power fail and recovery.  ITEAD/SONOFF and their Ewelink smart program did this for about $5.00/plug.  IF TP-link cannot do that, I need to get rid of all my TP-link devices and look elsewhere. 

2.  I like to use Alexa, but my wife is more comfortable being able to push a switch on her phone.  My adult children have access to my home including the ability to manage things in an emergency or my absence.  I was previously able to indicate individuals that I could share equipment control with.    KASA cannot be shared unless you give someoine yoour username and password.  This is a critical error in infra-structure security.  Ewelink, Smartlife and most other applications allow one to share the home or a portion of it with others by identity.    IF TP-link cannot do that, I need to get rid of all my TP-link devices and look elsewhere. 

3.  When using SmartLife devices, I was able to take pictures and apply them to the controlled devices.  much like the KASA app.  The KASA app photos arre much beter however.  There is a problem, even after you share your username and password to another user, the pictures do not transfer over.  A room that has six controleld devices is easy to manage with pictures, not so much if you have to determine what i9s controled by each switch.  Ewelink, Smartlife and most other applications allow one to share the home or a portion of it with others by identity and also passes along the pictures.    IF TP-link cannot do that, I need to get rid of all my TP-link devices and look elsewhere. 

4.  MY ITEAD/Sonoff devices uploaded schedules to the controllers, thus if the internet failed, the controllers would mane on their own to execute the on off schedules uploaded to them.  Thus if one were away from the residence and a power failure caused the network to fail to recover, the domicle w9uld stil function, it just would no longer report status changes.    Ewelink,made this easy.    IF TP-link cannot do that, I need to get rid of all my TP-link devices and look elsewhere. 

Options
2021-02-10 03:01:21
1000 watts of heater rods, not 100 watts.
Options
2021-02-10 23:41:12

@Texas-Gene 

1. You can do that here: https://community.tp-link.com/us/smart-home/stories/detail/1704

2. This still is not possible and has been relayed previously to our developers.

3. Pictures are saved locally on the app so the devices will pop up when you sign into the Kasa app on a new smartphone, but you will need to configure the custom icons. Renaming the devices would probably be an alternative.

4. Schedule and times settings are saved locally on the device so schedules configured will still run if the internet goes down.

Options
2021-08-30 05:25:25

One year later and still nothing. Great work!

Options

Information

Helpful: 3

Views: 1791

Replies: 6