No password protection on tether app

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-03-03 10:49:35
Model: Archer A2300  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi there, how do I put password protection on the tether app? My kids can simply download the app (which then easily displays all passwords) and allows them to alter parental controls. Is it possible to put password protection on the opening of the app in order to avoid this? 

Options
4 Reply
Re:No password protection on tether app
2020-03-03 20:56:11

@vekster 

Tether app needs you to log in with your TP-Link ID so just log out of your TP-Link ID so when the Tether is opened it will ask you to sign in with your email and password.

Options
2020-03-03 22:15:32

@Tony I don't see an option to log out of my TP link ID. I can press "log out" in settings but I still have full cloud access. 

My teens have obtained full access just by downloading the app. We have not shared passwords with them but they have obtained them from within the app. We need to stop their access to this app. 

Options
2020-03-04 21:29:58

@vekster 

Please post screenshots of what you are seeing.

Options
2021-11-25 20:12:29

@vekster 

This is a must feature to have a nip for the Tether app! Kidz are wiz those days, as soon as they get access to your phone they have access to the app :(

Please add a nip to enter the app (iOS and Android)

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1822

Replies: 4

Related Articles