Red record button in camera app function?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-03-03 16:31:56
Model: KC110  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

If I press the red record button the app reads: "clip saved to activity center" If I press it again it reads: "clip saved to activity center"  that message will continue to pop up. If I press the button again the message will pop up.There is no idicator anywhere on the screen that lets me know if it is recording or paused. When I press the button, I cannot tell if I just stopped the recording or just started one.

Options
6 Reply
Re:Red record button in camera app function?
2020-03-03 21:30:38

@Dynochrome 

What is the Kasa app version you are running, and the firmware of the camera?

Have you tried using a different smart phone? Do you get the same result?

Options
2020-03-04 00:48:36 - last edited 2020-03-04 05:08:09

@Tony   Firmware 2.2.31      App V 2.19.0 build 911     It changes to a square OK and works fine on my tablet, but my Samsung galaxy 5 Android 6.0.1 stays a circle and malfunctions. I tried resetting camera and reloading the software into phone but still doesn't work properly.

Options
2020-03-04 21:33:18

@Dynochrome 

Thanks for that bit of info, the tablet is how it should work. 

The Kasa app shows its supports Android 5 and up so that is odd.

I'll look into it to see what I can find.

Options
2020-03-05 05:59:33

@Tony  Thanks that would be great. I deleted the ap cleared everything and reinstalled with no luck.

Options
2020-03-05 21:57:26

@Dynochrome 

If you go into the app permissions of the smart phone Kasa ,what is enabled?

Options
2020-03-06 15:13:50

@Tony N I'll try turning them all on... Nope, record button still doesn't turn to a square like on my tablet. Tablet works fine and doesn't have permissions on for location,microphone or storage (those were the ones off on my phone) so that isn't it. As I have said when I press the record button it flashes and the 3 dot save "swirl" happens but never goes to a square. It just keeps repeating clip saved over and over for a short period depending how many times you hit the button.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1082

Replies: 6