KC120 camera records video when motion is detected, but will not show live video

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

KC120 camera records video when motion is detected, but will not show live video

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-03-14 01:15:35

I get notifications when my KC120 camera has detected motion and I can watch the videos that were recorded.  But the Kasa app will not show live video.  When I select the camera in 'Devices' tab, it responds with 'Device Unreachable'.  In the 'Cameras' tab, it reports 'Camera is Offline'.  In the 'Activity' tab, I see all the videos that have been recorded, even when the app reports the device is unreachable.

I power cycled the router and camera.  The router's device list reports the 'KC120 Camera' is on-line.  The LED on the KC120 camera is solid green.

Why is there no live video?  Live video did work from date of installation in January until March 10.

Options
2 Reply
Re:KC120 camera records video when motion is detected, but will not show live video
2020-03-16 17:11:44

@Mittie 

Test the live video on other phones to see if the issue is just with that phone. What you can try to do is to disable Hardware Acceleration, but that needs you to be able to get into the camera settings. If the camera is greyed out, delete the camera. If that is actually the camera, then the LED light will change. If the LED stays green, then that is not the camera, could be another camera.

If that is the only camera, do a factory reset on the device by holding the reset for 20 seconds and then release the reset button. Once the camera comes back up, add it back to Kasa, if the live video is still dark, go into the camera settings, scroll all the way to the bottom to "Advanced Settings" and disable "Hardware Acceleration"

Options
Re:KC120 camera records video when motion is detected, but will not show live video
2020-08-16 02:37:31

@Mittie  porfabor ayúdeme conectar mi dispositivo kc120 a mi cell porfabor enviar waldemarchilel81@gmail.com

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1057

Replies: 2

Related Articles