Disconnection Problems?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Disconnection Problems?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Disconnection Problems?
Disconnection Problems?
2020-03-18 16:26:07

I'm considering a Kasa Smart Wi-Fi Plug Slim. I had two SmartBar plugs from VOCOlinc but they were CONSTANTLY disconnecting from Wi-Fi and had to be unplugged from the outlet and plugged back in to reset them. That was a hassle since one of them was behind a dresser.  When they were connected, they worked reliably.  I would still be using them if they could solve the problem of them dropping offline so frequently.

I'm debating between a Wemo smart plug and a Kasa.  But before deciding and purchasing, I thought I'd better ask if I will run into the same problem. I have a strong Wi-Fi connection, tweaked my router so that both plugs were on Channel 11. Nothing solved the problem. What kind of track record do the Kasa Smart Wi-Fi Plug Slim's have in that regard?  None of my other smart home devices have ever had this problem, so it seems to be with the plugs themselves, not my Wi-Fi signal strength, etc. Thanks

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 351

Replies: 0