Needs Smart button like and Wireless Switch same as Philis Hue

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-03-19 23:46:24

I am living in an apartment, I chose Kasa for my apartment and bought many colored lights. But now I found it really doesn't work for me as we really need to control the lighting with switch as controlling them always via phone or google assistant is not so practical. The problem is that we are not allowed to change the switches as we live in a rented apartment. I really need something like "Philis Hue Smart button" and "Tap Switch". Now, I don't care if I need to add a hub for control the bulbs.

https://www2.meethue.com/en-us/p/hue-smart-button/046677553715

https://www2.meethue.com/en-us/p/hue-tap-switch/046677473365

I think the Kasa products prices are more reasonable and happy with them, but regretted due lack of these, now I am thinking to change all the lights, but just wondering is any smart switch are under production to control bulbs or scene via them? I think it is a must have in Kasa Smart Lighting Portfolio.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Needs Smart button like and Wireless Switch same as Philis Hue
2020-03-20 19:48:14

@Madnik7 

What you could probably do is to get an Alexa dot or Google hub, and utilize the voice command to turn your lights on or off.

Options
Re:Needs Smart button like and Wireless Switch same as Philis Hue
2020-03-20 20:07:37

@Tony Thank you for replying my question. Though, I got my answer from your reply that TP-Link is not working with any product to solve this issue.

But, Do you mean I should call Alexa at midnight or early mornings and wake up anyone who asleep laugh Or just walking around the flat and keep talking with Alexa that turn on this, turn off that. What about our guests? Should I give their voices to my Alexa!

Do you really think it is practical?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 979

Replies: 2