Archer C5400X w/ latest firmware, drops wi-fi connectivity to internet all the time.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Archer C5400X w/ latest firmware, drops wi-fi connectivity to internet all the time.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
76 Reply
Re:Archer C5400X w/ latest firmware, drops wi-fi connectivity to internet all the time.
2021-05-07 02:13:14

@makeIThappen still cant fix mine guys can you pleass help me i cant afford to pay another 370$....

This is soooo frustrating i live in lebanon and the currency devaluated, please neeed your help

Options
Re:Archer C5400X w/ latest firmware, drops wi-fi connectivity to internet all the time.
2021-05-07 06:14:33

@Omar_Sinno 

It's downright despicable that this issue has been allowed to go unfixed for so long. Worse they keep selling it and promoting it to their partners.

By the lack of response from @Tony it's pretty obvious we're not going to get any assistance here.

I'll start by looking up the CEOs information. Perhaps we can start working the other way and build up our evidence to take further action.

Options
2021-05-07 09:01:27

@Omar_Sinno Hey Omar. Maybe if you highlight what issues you are having, rather than just saying it's not working / fixed, then we can make some suggestions?

Have you read through the thread and attempted any of the suggested settings, and if so, which ones?

Cheers,

M.

Options
2021-05-07 10:34:42

@Tony TP Link could address the known issue that many, many users are reporting and release a new firmware fixing the problem. 

Options
2021-05-09 19:09:06

@Tony Do you guys at tp link REALLY care about your customers!!!

i Have paid 400$ for this router that is now only operating on wired connection !!!!
when is the expected next firmware upgrade, this issue cannot be tolerated! knowing that several customers reported this bug with the new firmware upgrade 1.1.2 Build 20191223 rel.73956

TP LINK SHOULD FIX THIS and if not somebody should sue this company, since it is clearly a fault created by the company in order to oblige their customers to upgrade to the newest generation router.

Unless this issue is fixed and TP link really shows a good attitude towards it's loyal customers, i mean do you really guys care about us?

i have purchased this router last year and now i cannot afford to replace it, i mean what the hell!!!

angryangryangryangry

Options
2021-05-09 19:14:15
Man have you read the issue, the wifi now doesnt broadcast unless you are within 1 meter radius, and not on all the Bands, when you pay a premium price for a router you should expect a premium after sale service, this isnt acceptable to have nearly 50 complaints and not release a new firmware upgrade, i work as a support consultant for a banking software provider, man these issues are critical and it's affecting my job. this issue should be escalated to higher management. Developers should intervene and do the required fix and release a firmware upgrade, did QA department even tested this firmware before it's release, TP link should address these issues.
Options
2021-09-15 23:44:24

I hope this helps someone else.  I did all of the steps listed in this thread and still was having issues.  After spending 3 hours on the chat line with support last night they authorized an RMA.  However, I went through all of the setting on my router and found that in the advanced settings IPV6 was turned on.  I had not done this as I don't need this feature.  After turning it off I haven't had an issues with disconnections.  I turned back on my second 5ghz channel and I still haven't had issues.  I can now use my playstation without huge lag times and dropping out of games.  Hope this helps someone else.  

Options
2021-09-16 01:04:36

@OllyGA So after two plus years of dealing with all the issues this router has, I finally found the fix...a new router! I bought an Asus RT-AX88u and it's been brilliant! I will never own another TP Link device as long as I live. I suggest you do the same. 

Options
2021-09-17 03:01:16

@cvituls Tried that months ago, didn't work for i. TP Link never did any updates to this router. They were our preferred vendor, now we call them TP-Stink.

Options
2021-09-28 00:46:37

@makeIThappen  sorry to hear that, but with the issues i have had I believe it.  I received my replacement router today and noticed they said it was a version 1.0, whereas the one I sent them back was a version 1.6.  So far I haven't had any issues (fingers crossed) but I am only running one 5G channel and the 2.4ghz channel.  So far I also haven't had issues with my PS5 even though it is running WIFI.  

Options
Related Articles