Archer C5400X Wi-Fi at half speed

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-07-31 16:05:03
Model: Archer C5400X  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.3 Build 20211222 rel.4234(5553)

I have a fiber connection with speeds of 1000 up and 1000 down .

When I run a speed test directly from the ISP's modem I get ~980 to 990 speeds
When I run a speed test while connected to my TP-Link's Wi-Fi (5GHz frequency) I always get a maximum of 500Mbps no matter which device I'm running a speed test from.

This product was advertised as having up to 2700Mbps speeds and I'm not getting anything near that.

I have QoS disabled and the total bandwidth on that page is manually set to 1000Mbps up and down.

Not that it should matter but everything under homecare (qos, parental controls, and antivirus) are all disabled.

If I can't get the proper wireless speeds then I should get my money back, I'll gladly send the device back to the manufacturer.

Any ideas?

Options
3 Reply
Re:Archer C5400X Wi-Fi at half speed
2023-08-01 15:24:39

@MDByr 

So to start there is a difference between the throughput speeds that are advertised and internet speed.   Throughput is the rate at which clients, like a computer, communicate within the network and with the router.  Internet speed is the rate at which a client communicates outside the network.   Internet speeds are based on several factors.  

• Client distance from the router
  • Network congestion
  • Network interference, like from other network in the area
  • Barriers, such as walls, doors, etc
  • EMI, which is electric interference. This is from sources like appliances, microwaves, CFLs, etc.
  • Hardware.  Like the network adapter in the client (computer, tablet, etc)  

So although you are not seeing the full 1Gbps on your client you might be getting what is considered good speed for that client.  

Options
2023-08-08 20:38:08

@MDByr 

are your devices and router using 802.11n? That may be your issue. Be sure to use AC or AX. 

Options
2023-08-30 22:41:07

@MDByr 

Are you running the speed test from a computer or device or are you running the speed test from the router itself? Also, looks like there is a firmware upgrade available. I was having other issues with mine and did a firmware check from the router and found an update released this month (08/2023).

Options