plugs switch on and off at random

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-03-24 20:52:33
Model: HS103  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.1.2

I recently installed four HS103 plugs in my house to control lamps. Two floor lamps in the living room and two wall sconces in the bedroom. 

For the past few days they have been turning off and on in sequence. Lamp 1 click off, click on; lamp 2 click off, click on.  

Any idea what is going on?

Options
4 Reply
Re:plugs switch on and off at random
2020-03-25 22:29:14

@Gunzablazin 

Make sure no schedules or modes were enabled. For one of the plugs do a complete factory reset by holding the side button for 15 seconds. See if that resolves it if so, do the rest of the plugs.

When the issue would happen do the LED lights change?

Options
2021-01-08 16:03:02

I have the same issue.  I had the plugs replaced under warranty and the new kit plugs do the same thing.  I have an older HS103 non-kit smart plug that does not switch off/on.  There is something wrong with the plug design or software.

Options
2021-01-08 16:06:44

@Tony 

See my other post.  The off/on switch occurs randomly (an hour or so give or take) apart and very quickly.  Since I don't know when it will occur and happens so quickly, I don't have time to look over at the plug.

Options
2021-01-08 22:03:50

@A2Joe 

It can turn off if there is a slight loss in power it can cause the plug to act odd.

If there are no other programs controlling it I would reach out to support so they can work with you in reviewing the smart plug activity.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 799

Replies: 4

Related Articles