Can’t manage Smart Actions

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-03-28 09:43:24

I cannot for the life of me figure out how to manage Smart Actions — edit them, turn them on or off, or delete them. From what I can tell looking at support threads, the actions should just be listed in the Smart Actions menu of the iPhone app. However, I have set up 4 Smart Actins, and none of them appears on any list. I tried deleting and reinstalling the app, but that didn't do anything — I still have no way to manage Smart Actions. Please help!

Options
3 Reply
Re:Can’t manage Smart Actions
2020-03-30 19:58:48

@njeaton 

Try first reinstalling your app, and also testing on another smart phone if possible.

What devices do you have and which did you reference when making your smart actions events?

Options
2020-03-31 02:37:28

@Tony Thanks for your response.

I have tried reinstalling the app several times. I have an iPhone. I can't test on another.

I have set up Smart Actions with TP-Link smart bulbs (KL110, LB100) and a smart switch (HS200)

Options
2020-03-31 19:56:54

@njeaton 

One thing I forgot to mention is that the smart actions were enabled by updating the firmware of the devices.

Tap on the top left icon menu in Kasa, then go to settings, then go to firmware upgrade. Do you have updates for your devices? If so, update all of them and then create your smart actions again.

If there is no firmware update, please delete one of the bulbs, then factory reset it (turn switch off and on five times). It will blink three times after if the reset worked, now add the bulb back and create a smart actions for it.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 901

Replies: 3