My RE450 keeps taking everyone off line unplug the extender and everything works fine

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

My RE450 keeps taking everyone off line unplug the extender and everything works fine

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-03-30 14:04:59
Model: RE450  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 2.8

HI   I am having a problem with my RE450 when you plug it in it starts up and works fine and after a while it stops working and all my devices about 4 of them stop working it says trying to connect on all devices. I go to the extender and unplug it everything connects all 4 items  plug extender back in everything works fine for a while then locks everything out

Again

Options
1 Reply
Re:My RE450 keeps taking everyone off line unplug the extender and everything works fine
2020-03-31 15:42:15

@blackbart 

Check the circle LED light. If that is turning red, then the extender is losing the signal to the router, and needs to be moved closer.

Other thing to look at is the 2.4GHz or 5Ghz LED light, any of those are off, then that band losing connection.

You can reset the range extender, then log into it to see the firmware and update it if needed:

https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/faq/1406/

If the firmware has been updated, and distance is not an issue according to the LED lights the extender may be having an issue. Getting a hold of our support would be the next step.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 713

Replies: 1