Unable to install tp-link range extender

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-03-30 19:15:27

I am trying to set up my TP-Link range extender. I downloaded the Tether app and I get as far as inputting the password to the extension that I see listed on my phone for the wifi but I do not know my password (the router password but the one for this site do not work). What should I do next?

Options
4 Reply
Re:Unable to install tp-link range extender
2020-03-31 16:53:42

@Hoje 

The extender needs the wireless password that you normally use to connect to the routers Wi-Fi. If you do not remember what is it, you can get on a device that is currently connected to your router and log into it, go to it's wireless settings and grab it there. The extender does not use the routers password that you would need to log into the settings.

Here is a FAQ to help with the setup: https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/faq/1373/

Options
2020-09-22 22:34:15
Options
2020-12-26 20:57:19

@Hoje 

when using my modem default password, it generated a 63 character password for the extender.  When changing the modem default password to one of my choosing, it assigned that password to the extender.

Options
2021-08-02 00:34:03

@Wifian 

when using my modem default password, it generated a 63 character password for the extender.  When changing the modem default password to one of my choosing, it assigned that password to the extender.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1500

Replies: 4

Related Articles