After forced software update, all videos are no longer available

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-04-01 15:01:58
Model: KC100  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: Version 2.20.0 Build 779

Last week the KASA app on my iPhone required me to upgrade the software and there was no option to not accept it. After the update all the videos started to become unavailable to where now no video is available. I have the Free Plan, which gives 12 hours of total cloud storage, with the oldest videos being deleted once you get over the 12 hours. I've only had the camera a couple months.

A different way of explaining the same problem:

• 7 days ago KASA forced me to upgrade the software on my iPhone
  • After the upgrade random videos are unavailable, it says, "No Longer Available, this clip can't be played because it's no longer stored on Kasa"
  • I have the free plan which gives me 12 hours of total storage
  • The 12 hours of storage should delete the oldest videos first
  • Now it's deleting videos that were taken recently, and it's random, some videos from yesterday delete, some videos from last week are still available, I can only see 40% of the last 20 videos
  • As of today ALL videos are no longer available.

I never had these problems before the upgrade, I should be able to see the last videos with the oldest ones deleting first. 

Options
5 Reply
Re:After forced software update, all videos are no longer available
2020-04-01 22:41:31

@TKSA 

Please reach out to: Kasa.Support@TP-Link.com

That team will be able to further investigate your issue.

Options
2020-04-01 22:48:34

@Tony 

I have, repeatedly for almost a week, and they are unable to understand the problem! Their support is in China, and I have explained this problem multiple times, and they are simply unable to understand the issue. This has become so terribly frustrating to not get any support, I've been told several times this is normal behavior, when I requested a call back after their chat support told me this is normal behavior they called at midnight and we were asleep! 

We are so frustrated at the lack of support for this product, the lack of general understanding of their support to help us or even speak English in a basic technical language to help us with this problem.

This is why we've turned to the forums for help, it seems it's impossible to get any help if you have a problem, this is the worst technical support I have ever encountered! sad

Options
2020-05-27 01:04:27

@TKSA 

Mines been doing the same thing and I haven't been able to view a clip for months now did you ever get this solved? If so how? I'm quite unhappy cause I have the same free subscription after only having the pan tilt camera for a few months not even a full year 

Options
2020-05-27 01:05:07
Mines been doing the same thing and I haven't been able to view a clip for months now did you ever get this solved? If so how? I'm quite unhappy cause I have the same free subscription after only having the pan tilt camera for a few months not even a full year
Options
2020-05-27 15:11:44

@TKSA 

Unfortunately no. The system now only stores the last 12 hours of video recordings then deletes them. Until the forced software update it stored more. I was unable to get them to understand this, and was very unhappy with the customer service which is in China. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1273

Replies: 5