Wifi connected but no internet

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-04-02 16:02:18
Model: TL-WPA7510 KIT  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

Hello,

I have just bought this kit for one week. The speed was good when it connected. However, there is an issue every day that wifi connected from extender, but no internet no matter 2.4G or 5G. I have to unplug the extender and plug it again. Would you tell me how to fix it?

Thanks,

Xin

Options
9 Reply
Re:Wifi connected but no internet
2020-04-02 22:31:51

@maxin911 

Check the powerline light on the Wi-Fi powerline adapter. If the LED is red or off, then move it to another outlet. If the powerline light is good, then go back to the adapter that is wired to the router, and swap the Ethernet cable, and also switch the port. If the first powerline adapter is not getting a stable internet connection the second adapter will not provide internet as well.

Options
2020-04-03 00:51:57
Hi Tony, All the lights worked perfect, so I am confused. Is it possible that there exists complict when extender copied the same SSID as the router? Thanks, Xin
Options
2020-04-03 17:58:55

@maxin911 

No, copying the SSID would not affect internet access. It may confuse client devices as they might connect to the router while being close to the powerline.

The powerline light will be one if there is internet or not. If you were go walk over to the first powerline adapter, remove the Ethernet cable from that device and plug that into your computer, do you have internet?

Options
2020-04-03 18:14:09
Yes, I have internet when using the Ethernet cable plug into my computer. Do I connect the retailer to change another one?
Options
2020-04-03 19:56:40

@maxin911 

I believe you are referring to getting a replacement? You can contact our support, they will try other troubleshooting methods. If they deem the device defective, they can begin the replacement procedure which involves verifying the warranty, etc.

Live Chat: link
Phone: link
E-mail: link

Options
2020-04-05 15:24:16
Does the extender have standby mode? When I paired the extender to main adapter successfully and all the lights turned on to green, but a few minutes later powerline light turned off. Is it normal? Thanks.
Options
2020-04-06 14:28:32

@maxin911 

There is a featuer referred to "Power Saving Mode" which will place the device in a stand by mode if there is no activity for five minutes.

Here is how you can modify it.

-Use the tpPLC utility, you use download and install it on your computer: https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/download/tl-wpa7510-kit/#Utility

-Here is where you disable the feature, in the guide, page 14: https://static.tp-link.com/1910012196_tpPLC%20Utility_UG.pdf

Options
2020-04-08 00:24:24
Thanks for your help, Tony. I found another issue when I reset and setup successfully the connection (all lights are green) between main adapter and extender, I turn on the lights, or the TV or the printer, etc in the room where the extender puts, but the extender is put in seperately socket. The powerline light will turn red or off. How can I fix this issue?
Options
2020-04-08 22:02:19

@maxin911 

What is probably happening is the other devices are causing noise. When the LED goes red, the link speed is below 50 Mbps, when it is out there is no connection. 

Here is a FAQ we have which gives advice on what you can possibly try: https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/faq/409/

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 3785

Replies: 9

Related Articles