RE200 - unable set it up so all clients are on the same network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-04-04 17:51:37
Model: RE200  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: latest

Hi,

I have a RE200 connected to my Netgear Nighthawk R7000.

The main use for my RE200 is to connect a Synology NAS to it using a cable. I have no need for extending my wifi range but I use it as a sort of dongle since the Synology doesn't support usb wifi properly.

This has worked in the past! However, I was gone on a trip and left the power off for a long time. Now it doesn't work anymore.

I ended up resetting the RE200 and tried setting it up again.

I keep getting two different networks. So if I connect to the RE200 access point I can reach the NAS, but if I connect to the Netgear I can't.

The RE200 also isn't visible in my connected clients/attached devices view on the Netgear.

I tried everything.

Connecting with WPS

Connecting without WPS

Static IP

DHCP auto/on/off

Using different subnets on the router vs re200 (192.168.0.* and 192.168.1.* and reversed)

Setting it to extender mode or standalone

Setting it up with the iOS app or the web interface

Same name networks vs different

And probaby more stuff I don't remember.

Please help!

Options
1 Reply
Re:RE200 - unable set it up so all clients are on the same network
2020-04-06 17:34:37

@Lobo83 

Factory default the extender by holding the reset button below for 10 seconds while the device has been powered on. Once the extender has booted back up, download our Tether app, and set up the extender with the router.

Here is a FAQ that will show you how: https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/faq/1373/

I would make the RE200s network name different so you can just ignore those.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 648

Replies: 1