Could a new Powerline set use both as 'receivers'?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-04-07 16:01:34

I'm using an older AV200 (nano?) set for my pc. Wondering if I bought another AV200 or a newer AV400 if both devices in the box could be used as "receivers". Or does the one always have to be a dedicated 'sender'? If not, do any Powerline products have the ability to do that?

Also, could you mix and match any 'nano' device with a TL-PA211KIT (up to 200 Mbps)? Don't know the theoretical Mbps of nano.

Thank you,

Mac

Options
2 Reply
Re:Could a new Powerline set use both as 'receivers'?
2020-04-07 17:48:43 - last edited 2020-04-07 18:01:59

@Mac29 

Our powerline devices use the HomePlug AV protocol so you should be able to use the model together.

Only one powerline adapter needs to be connected to the router the rest can be placed around your residence, and no sender or receiver designation is needed.

Options
Re:Could a new Powerline set use both as 'receivers'?
2020-04-07 21:57:12
I forgot you could use either unit near the router. Good to learn that other models can be used with my older model. Thanks!
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1527

Replies: 2