[Deco M9 Plus] New feature request for Parental Controls

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-04-13 03:26:20 - last edited 2020-04-13 03:28:54
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.2.13

First: Ability to set up total time limit on how long once can consume certain websites/app contents is very essential in this day and age of digital media.

Filter is basic and very cut and dry, bed time is nice when I want to cut off internet after certain time in the day, time limit is good, but I think it can be powerful to add the ability to limit time on certain internet source instead of just cutting off the whole internet. apps. 

For instant, I'd like to set up my user to only be able to access Youtube for two hours in a day or maybe I want whole media category or gaming to be allowed for a certain time limit.

Second: a cleaner summary entry, insted a row per subdomain. For Instance, don't need to see my top accessed website to be 4 random internal Apple websites when browsing on a Mac.

Just knowing that parental controls will evolve would give me clarity of whether I have to continue to use TP-Link or maybe explore other options for the long term.

Options
5 Reply
Re:[Deco M9 Plus] New feature request for Parental Controls
2020-04-13 22:25:50

@megamex 

Thank you for the feedback/ideas. I will be sure to get those over.

Options
2020-05-13 13:26:29

@Tony 1. I would like to second the need for time limits on certain websites and apps including the ability to set time windows for those websites or apps.  Practically, my daughter needs to use her laptop for her schoolwork.  I don't want to block her from going to youtube or playing minecraft all the time....just when she should be working on schoolwork.  Currently, I have to go in and change the settings--adding and deleting youtube as a restricted website--at least twice a day.

2. Not sure if it is tecnically possible, but it would be helpful to be able to add devices to more than one profile.  

Many thanks!!

Options
2020-05-13 15:26:00

There is a chance M9 won't get any updates any time soon. The whole firmware section in the support page was taken down for v2 for some reason.

Options
2020-08-19 15:11:02

@megamex 

I am in the same boat. I just bought the Deco M9 Plus and the parental control needs some updating. I'm really contemplating on purchasing an Orbi w/circle for the purpose of being able to limit certain websites. I do hope TP link will update their software and add this feature.

Options
2020-10-06 21:38:45
Totally agree with you!
Options

Information

Helpful: 5

Views: 1472

Replies: 5

Related Articles