TP-LINK POWERLINE WIFI GON INVISSIBLE WITHOUT REASON.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-04-14 23:48:34
Model: Adapter  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.3.0.2134-00_401091_160311_906

I have a home network made up with a LINKSYS E2500 router (net SSID: LINKSYSWF1). To it I connected a TP-LINK 7055 POWERLINE CENTRAL UNIT via ethernet cable.
On the AC network I have two POWERLINE ADAPTERS - 1) TP-LINK 8955 broadcasting net TPNET1, and 2) TP-LINK 9400 broadcasting net TPNET2.
I connect to this networks a makeshift desktop pc with an ASUS mother, and a SAMSUNG NOTEBOOK with a USB TP-LINK TL-WN823N adapter.
So, from both pc's I can see 3 WIFI nets, LINKSYSWF1, TPNET1 & TPNET2.
Recently, the SAMSUNG notebook stopped seeing the TPNET2 WIFI net. It just dissapeared. It still sees LINKSYSWF1 & TPNET1, and several other wifi networks of neighbours, etc.
The ASUS still sees all three. Actully, it connects to TPNET2.
I removed th TP-LINK USB adapter and plugged in another identical one, same thing. I removed the USB adapter and uninstalled the TPLINK controller, rebooted and re installed everything. TPNET2 is still invisible.
I removed the adapter and uninstalled the controller. After that, I removed manually all references to the POWERLINE adapters and TPNET1 and TPNET2 from the registry. I also checked the firewall and the antivirus program.
I re-installed the USB adapter and the TPLINK controller. Nothing. Still the SAMSUNG notebook does not see the TPNET2 WIFI from the TP-LINK 9400 adapter. It does see all other wifi networks.

9400 DATA:
WIFI AV600
MODEL TL-WPA4220 (AR) VER. 3.0
FIRMWARE: 1.3.0.2134-00_401091_160311_906

¿Any clues? Anyone will be most welcome. thanks.

Options
1 Reply
Re:TP-LINK POWERLINE WIFI GON INVISSIBLE WITHOUT REASON.
2020-04-15 14:53:31

@CapKirk 

Look at the front of the powerline adapter, if the Wi-Fi light is off, then the Wi-Fi is disabled. Press and hold the Wi-Fi button for 8 seconds, and that should enable the Wi-Fi again.

If that does not work, download the powerline utility: https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/download/tl-wpa4220kit/#Utility

Install that on your computer and run it. Look for the problem adapter, and if it is there connect to it. The default login for the powerline adapter is:

username: admin

password: admin

Go to the wireless settings to see if it is enabled. If the wireless network is enabled, disable it, save the settings, then enable it again and save.

If you do not see the problem adapter in the utliity do a factory default on the adapter by getting a small object and press and hold the small pinhole below the adapter while it is plugged in for 10 seconds. When the adapter comes back up, pair it back up to your powerline network.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 577

Replies: 1